Inclusion at home
This Inclusion Pack contains a variety of activities, games and resources to help support children with additional needs. These include sensory activities, fine motor skills activities and basic phonics/maths resources.
Please feel free to use and adapt as necessary.
On this page Miss Charles will be adding information and resources to help support children with Special Educational Needs. As well as our general Home Inclusion Learning Pack above, there will be information and activities you can download specifically linked to different areas of need, for example Communication and Language or Toileting difficulties.
If there is anything in particular you would like support with or you think could be added, please contact Miss Charles on Weduc.
Trafford are also regularly updating their SEND Local Offer web page with all government guidance and ideas for parents and carers at home with children with SEND.
Communication and Language
Colourful semantics is an approach used by many schools and settings to help children develop their use of grammar. It is regularly promoted by speech and language therapists. You can find further information and resources here.
The Communication Trust
The Communication Trust is an organisation that provides support, materials and training to nurseries, schools, parents and anyone else who works with children helping to develop communication, language and speech development. The Communication Trust has many resources to support all ages and needs.
Speech and Language Kids
Speech and Language Kids is a website set up by an American speech and language therapist who has spent lots of time creating activities for other practitioners and parents to use to help their children’s language development. Click here to view the free resources.
Communication and Language Twinkl Activities to download
- Colourful Semantics – Sentence Ordering
- Developing Understanding – Wh Questions – BBQ Scene
- Developing Understanding – Wh Questions – Beach Scene
- Developing Understanding – Wh Questions – Birthday Party Scene
- Developing Understanding – Wh Questions – Cafe Scene
- Sequencing First Next Last – How do you…? Questions
- Sequencing First Next Last – How do you…? Answers
- Silly Sentence Maker
- Thinking Skills – Inference Questions
- Thinking Skills – Name 5 things
- Thinking Skills – What Am I? Riddles
- Thinking Skills – When? Questions – ordering activity
Autism, Social Communication and Sensory Support Materials
Autism Hub Trafford
On Trafford’s Directory website you will find information, advice and local support services for people with autism, parent carers of children or young people with autism and those who work with them.
National Autistic Society
The National Autistic Society is a British charity for autistic people. It provides information and support to autistic people, their families as well as professionals who work with them. Its goal is to improve the lives of people with autism in the UK.
Autism Spectrum Teacher
This website has been created by an Autism Specialist Teacher and Advisor with the aim to support and maximise outcomes for young autistic learners. Click here to find more information and resources.
Empowering Little Minds
Empowering Little Minds is an Early Years and SEN consultancy website which provides lots of materials to help support children with multi-sensory needs. You will find ideas and activities here to promote sensory and messy play.
Twinkl activities and other resources to aid with Autism, Social Communication and Sensory Needs
- Visual Timetable
- Now and Next
- First Next Last
- Meeting Sensory Needs Booklet
- Feelings Trigger Chart
- Feelings Thermometer
- Calming Techniques Poster
- National Autistic Society Corona Virus Top Tips for Autistic People
- National Autistic Society Corona Virus Top Tips for Families
- Recognising and Discussing Emotions Game
- Recognising and Sorting Emotions
- Sensory Activity Ideas
- Sensory Break Dice Activity
- Understanding Idioms – Food
- Understanding Idioms – Animal
Lincolnshire NHS Resource Pack
Click here to download a resource pack created by Lincolnshire NHS trust with lots of activities and ideas of how to develop gross and fine motor skills.
Kids at Max
Kids at Max is an Australian Health and Wellbeing service which aims to support children to reach their full potential in all areas. They have put together a list of 10 fun ways to improve gross motor skills.
Dough Disco is a popular fine muscle control activity which is used in lots of schools and educational settings. The children follow the moves shown by Shonette Bason, an experienced EYFS teacher and consultant.
Twinkl activities and resources to aid with Motor Skills
- Fine motor Challenge Cards
- Gross Motor Activities
- Gross Motor Challenge Cards
- Pencil Control Patterns
- Pencil Control Workbook
- Playdough Shapes
- Scissor Skills
- Threading Cards
Social and Emotional Mental Health
Young Minds is the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people’s mental health. Their mission is to fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.
Mental Health Foundation
The Mental Health Foundation is the UK’s leading charity that supports good mental health for all. Their mission is to help people understand, protect and sustain their mental health.
Action for Happiness
Action for Happiness is a charity and movement of people committed to building a happier and more caring society.
CAMHS – Childhood and Adolescent Mental Health Services
CAMHS is a term used for all services that work with children and young people who have difficulties with their emotional or behavioural wellbeing. This CAMHS website was created to pool together a bank of resources, including Apps, websites and books available to help support young people’s mental health and well-being
Twinkl activities and other resources to aid with Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Cards to help support Anxious Feelings
- Feelings Chart and cards to support ways to express emotions
- Positive Self Activity – I am an Amazing Person
- Feelings Reflection
- Lego Building Brick Therapy Cards
- If I’m Feeling…I can… Chart
- How Am I Feeling? – Emoji Self-Assessment
- A jar of Courage Activity
- Understanding Emotions Activity
- Let’s Feel Better Activity Cards
- Emotional Rollercoaster Activity
- 5 4 3 2 1 Grounding Technique to help support during an anxiety attack
- Mindfulness Challenge Cards
- Through my Window Activity Pack created by an Art Therapist
- My ‘I can’ Journal
- Mindfulness Colouring – Dinosaurs
- Mindfulness Colouring – Hearts
- Mindfulness Colouring – Unicorns
- Mindfulness Colouring – Jungle
- Mindfulness Colouring – Superheroes
- Well-Being and Support Activity Pack