Welcome to Year 3!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as updates on what the children have been up to.
Just a few reminders:
- PE kits should stay in school. They will be sent home every half term to be washed. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. This half term we will have swimming every Wednesday morning and PE every Thursday afternoon.
- Outdoor learning kits, if required, should stay in school. Outdoor learning kits should include an old t-shirt, pants and a jacket. Children should also have appropriate footwear, like some old trainers or wellies in the winter.
- As part of the Whole Class Instrumental and Vocal Project, we will be learning how to play the ukulele. Lessons will take place weekly on Wednesday. Children have been allocated a ukulele which they can take home and use to practise – please ensure that your child brings it back into school for the lesson every Wednesday.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. In KS2, children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so.
- Every child has a login to Times Tables Rock Stars which they should be using to practise regularly at home. Log in here: https://ttrockstars.com/login
- Spellings will be sent home before starting a new unit. These should be practised regularly at home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please come and see me.