Welcome to Year 6! I hope you have all had a restful break and are excited about the year ahead. Our class page will provide important news and information about Y6, as well as weekly class news items to show what the children have been up to.
Just a few reminders:
- Children are only allowed to walk home from school by themselves if written permission has been given. Children who walk home from school by themselves can bring a mobile phone to school, providing the Mobile Phone Agreement has been read, signed by an adult and returned to school.
- Reading books should go home every night and reading records should be signed at least three times a week. Reading books and reading records should be in school every day. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- Children have a reading journal with suggested activities inside the front cover. These need to be in school everyday, but can also be taken home. Activities the children complete need to be based around the book they are reading. Children should be encouraged to complete at least 2 activities a week at home, and work through all of the activities before going back and repeating.
- PE kits should stay in school during the week and taken home at the end of the week for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. Outdoor PE takes place on a Tuesday and indoor PE takes places on a Wednesday.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday. Please make sure it is handed in on time! Children will receive a piece of Maths homework and a piece of English homework each week.
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of every unit and tested at the end of the unit (approximately every one to two weeks).Try to find time to practice spellings at various points throughout the week.
- All children have a ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ login. Children can access ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ by logging onto the website using a computer, or by downloading the app onto a tablet. There will be a set expectation each week of the activities to be completed, but children can use it as often as you allow. https://ttrockstars.com/login
Take a look at our class timetable so you know what lessons are happening when.
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.