Welcome to the Year 4 class page. This will be updated regularly so you can see all of the exciting things we get up to in Year 4. This is a very exciting term for Year 4, we are taking part in the Trafford Singathon, at Stretford Grammar on March 24th. Details of times will follow.
After the spring half term, the children will be studying Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, and this will culminate in a performance at the Royal Exchange Theatre. It really is a fabulous event!
- Registration is at 8.50. The classroom door opens at 8.40.
- PE is on a Tuesday and on Thursday, it is lead by Kickstart. . Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and it stays in school for the half term. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket.
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do.
- Reading journals are also taken home every night. Please encourage your child to complete activities in their reading journals regularly – twice a week minimum. Journals need to be brought in to school every day, as we will use some time in the afternoons to complete activities too. Children need to complete all of the activities before going back and repeating.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday. Children receive alternate Maths and English homework every week.
- This term, we would really like to improve our timestables. This website is great for practising – http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button. We can also practice through ‘Timestables Rockstars’. Children should be practising their timestables on this programme regularly, and there will be a set expectation each week. All children have their own log in and password. Log in here: https://ttrockstars.com/login
- Spellings will be sent home before starting a new unit. These should be practised regularly at home. Click this link for a full list of spellings, as listed on the national curriculum, that children should be able to spell at the end of Year 4 – Year 4 Spelling List
If there is anything you need to talk about, please come to see me.