Welcome to Year 5!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as weekly updates to show what the children have been up to.
Just a few reminders:
- PE kits should stay in school. They will be sent home at the end of every half term for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. PE is currently on a Tuesday afternoon.
- Outdoor learning kits, if required, should stay in school. Outdoor learning kits should include an old t-shirt, pants and a jacket. Children should also have appropriate footwear, like some old trainers or wellies in the winter.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- Children have a reading journal with suggested activities inside the front cover. These need to be in school everyday, but can also be taken home. Activities the children complete need to be based around the book they are reading. Children should be encouraged to complete at least 2 activities a week at home, and work through all of the activities before going back and repeating.
- All children now have a ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ login. Children can access ‘Times Tables Rockstars’ by logging onto the website using a computer, or by downloading the app onto a tablet. There will be a set expectation each week of the activities to be completed, but children can use it as often as you allow. https://ttrockstars.com/login
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Jacob.
Take a look at our class timetable:
Year 5 Timetable Autumn
Here is our Year 5 class prayer:
Class Prayer 2019-2020