Employment and Volunteering Opportunities
Pay range: L15 – L21
Contract: Full time and Permanent
Start date: September 1st 2019 (A January 1st 2020 start may be considered for a current, serving headteacher)
A unique opportunity has arisen to shape the future of our school.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding educator and school leader who will inspire all members of our school family.
St. Matthew’s is a dynamic and thriving school family working together to create a fantastic school for our community. Our school’s vision is taken from Matthew 5:16 ‘Let your light shine’. We believe all children can shine at St Matthew’s and we strive for every member of our school family to succeed and flourish with us. We are seeking a new Headteacher to lead our school family forward and develop this vision.
The role would be ideally suited to someone looking for an exciting new chapter in their career; a forward thinking school leader who is ambitious for our school family and who has the highest possible aspirations for our children.
Our New Headteacher will be:
- An outstanding educator who is dedicated to providing our children with educational experiences that will enrich their lives and broaden their horizons
- Passionate about our children and dedicated to their success
- Committed to our core Christian values and our vision and ethos as a church school
- An experienced strategic leader with a positive track record of school improvement impact
- A team player committed to collaborative and inclusive working who can inspire our staff, children and parents
- A role model for our school family with an understanding of the challenges and rewards of teaching in a vibrant and diverse urban community
Our children ask that the new headteacher is:
- A role model we can look up to
- Someone who interacts with us and visits our classrooms
- Someone who is kind, caring and fun
- A rights respecter who lets their light shine
- A supportive person we can come to in need
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Incredible children who love their school and love to learn
- An ambitious school with the highest aspirations for its children
- A proud Gold UNICEF Rights Respecting School
- ‘A happy school’ (Ofsted 2017) that cares for and nurtures every member of our school family
- A dedicated staff team, proactive governing body and supportive parents
Governors would warmly welcome potential candidates to visit the school. Visits will be organised from 1pm on Wednesday 3rd April or 1pm on Wednesday 24th April. Please contact the School Business Manager, Yvonne Neary, to arrange your visit on 0161 865 1284. We look forward to meeting you.
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th April 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 21st May and Wednesday 22nd May 2019
St. Matthew’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain an enhanced check for regulated activity from the disclosure and barring service and satisfactory references.
Start Date: 23rd April 2019 (or as soon after)
Band 3 (SCP 17 – 21)
Full Time and Permanent (36.25 hours per week with a daily split shift)
St. Matthew’s is a dynamic and thriving school family who work together to create a fantastic school for our community. Our school’s vision is taken from Matthew 5:16. ‘Let your light shine’. We believe all children can shine at St. Matthew’s and we all strive for every member of our school family to succeed and flourish with us. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Site Manager who will play a key role in helping us achieve our vision.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced at managing and developing school premises and grounds
- Committed to maintaining a safe, secure and clean environment
- Knowledgeable of the health and safety responsibilities with a school setting
- Professional, positive and proactive, forming good relationships with all stakeholders
- Skilled at managing workload and prioritising tasks
- Able to complete practical tasks and oversee larger projects
- Enjoy working within a school environment in a vibrant and diverse urban community
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An ambitious school with a clear vision and the highest aspirations for its children
- A school that cares for and nurtures every member of our school family
- A strong commitment to your continuing professional development
- A supportive Headteacher, staff team and school family
More information about our school and the position can be found on our website: stmatthews.trafford.sch.uk.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 13th March 2019
Completed applications emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Monday 18th March 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain an enhanced check for regulated activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the St Matthew’s family. Unfortunately, there are no other vacancies at the moment but please check back here regularly for updates.
For information about volunteering or work experience, please contact Mrs Cavanagh on email@example.com