Employment and Volunteering Opportunities
HLTA Teaching Assistant
Required from September 1st 2018
Full Time (36.25 hours per week) Term Time Only Points 25- 28
St. Matthew’s is a dynamic and thriving school family who work together to create a fantastic school for our community. Our school’s vision is taken from Matthew 5:16 ‘let your light shine’. We believe all children can shine at St Matthew’s and we strive for every member of our school family to succeed and flourish with us.
The Governors of St Matthew’s CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic HLTA who will work in partnership with our teachers to engage, inspire and challenge all learners.
The successful candidate will:
- Have very high expectations of what our children can achieve by delivering consistently high-quality learning opportunities
- Be energetic, creative and caring
- Be a team player who shares our commitment to ensuring all our children shine
- Have experience of running English and Mathematics intervention programmes which have led to rapid and sustained progress
- Have experience of supporting more-able children and children with SEND
- Have experience of teaching individuals and groups as well as whole classes for cover
- Have an understanding of the challenges and rewards of teaching in a vibrant and diverse urban community
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Incredible children who love their school and love to learn
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- An ambitious school with the highest aspirations for its children
- ‘A happy school’ (Ofsted 2017) that cares for and nurtures every member of our school family, including our staff
- A supportive Headteacher and school family
St Matthew’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. This appointment will be subject to a full DBS check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
Please return completed applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 14th June at 9.00 Interviews: Wednesday 20th June 2018
There are currently no other vacancies at St Matthew’s but thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team.
Volunteering at St Matthew’s
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering at St Matthew’s. We receive an overwhelming interest in the school and currently have no vacancies for class-based voluntary work.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
We are currently looking for volunteers to read with our children on a weekly basis. If this is something you are interested in, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject ‘Volunteering‘. Please include:
- your name
- contact details
- the days/times you would be able to listen to children read
- the name and contact details for a referee (someone who can confirm your suitability for this position)
If we offer you a placement we will make the conditions very clear. You will be required to complete a DBS form before the placement begins.
We take our responsibilities around safeguarding very seriously so all volunteers are carefully selected to meet our pupils’ needs.
All regular volunteers to the school will meet the Designating Safeguarding Lead prior to starting, and sign our Code of Conduct.