Welcome back Year 6!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as weekly updates to show what the children have been up to.
Just a few reminders:
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- PE kits should stay in school. They will be sent home at the end of every half term for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. Indoor PE is Wednesday.
- This half term, outdoor learning will take place every Thursday afternoon. Kits should stay in school. Outdoor learning kits should include an old t-shirt, pants and a jacket. Children should also have appropriate footwear, like some old trainers or wellies in the winter.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday. Times table tests take place every Friday. – http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button is great for practising!
- Spellings will be sent home every Friday and spelling tests take place the Friday after.
Take a look at our class timetable so you know what lessons are happening when.
Year 6 Timetable
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.