Welcome to Year 6!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as weekly updates to show what the children have been up to.
Our current topics for learning include:
- The Vikings and Anglo-Saxons
- Diary entries and poetry
Just a few reminders:
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- PE kits should stay in school. They will be sent home at the end of every half term for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. Indoor PE is o Monday, and we currently have dance on Tuesday.
- This half term, outdoor learning (for those children taking part) will take place every Monday morning. Kits should stay in school. Outdoor learning kits should include an old t-shirt, pants and a jacket. Children should also have appropriate footwear, like some old trainers or wellies in the winter.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday. Please make sure it is handed in on time!
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of every unit and tested at the end of the unit (approximately weekly). Try to find time to practice spellings at various points throughout the week.
Take a look at our class timetable so you know what lessons are happening when.
2018-19 Y6 Timetable
Over the course of this term, the children will be working with staff and students from the Royal Northern College of Music, in conjunction with children from other schools, on a piece of opera to be performed at the College in November. The children will be given updated versions of the script as they are worked on and any audio files of the songs will be put below so the children can practice at home.
St Matthews opera final script
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.