Welcome to Year 6!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as weekly updates to show what the children have been up to.
Our current topics for learning include:
- I’m a Year 6 pupil, get me out of here!
- The human body
- Class novel: Wonder
Just a few reminders:
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- PE kits should stay in school during the week and taken home at the end of the week for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket. Indoor PE is on Thursday, but PE may take place on other days due to timetabling changes.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday. Please make sure it is handed in on time!
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of every unit and tested at the end of the unit (approximately weekly). Try to find time to practice spellings at various points throughout the week.
Here is the presentation containing all of the information covered in our recent SATs meeting. If you have any further questions, please do get in touch!
Below are the spelling lists we have used so far this year if you wish to do some extra practice or revision:
Unit 1 Suffixes Spelling homework
Unit 3 Suffixes Spelling homework
Unit 4 Suffixes Spelling homework
Unit 5 Suffixes Spelling homework
Unit 6 Suffixes Spelling homework
Unit 8 silent letters Spelling homework
Unit 9 ei and ie Spelling homework
Unit 10 ible and able Spelling homework
Here are the school calculation policies for maths:
Addition calculation policy
Division calculation policy
Multiplication calculation policy
Subtraction calculation policy
Take a look at our class timetable so you know what lessons are happening when.
2018-19 Y6 Timetable
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.