Welcome to the Year 4 class page. This will be updated regularly so you can see all of the exciting things we get up to in Year 4. Please click on the links below to view our class timetable and our class passport, detailing some of the exciting things we will be doing on our journey through Year 4.
Y4 Class Timetable Summer 2019
Learning Passport Year 4
Archie’s Challenge Grid
This term, Year 4 will be performing in the Royal Shakespeare Festival at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, on Friday 21st June at 2.30pm. The performance should finish at around 4.15pm and children will be picked up from the Royal Exchange Theatre. A letter has been sent home about tickets. They are available to order at the school office.
Also this term, children will be sitting their timestables test. A replica of the test can be found on TTRS under ‘Soundcheck’ and also here: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check. Children should use these tools to familiarise themselves with the expectations of the test. Children are expected to answer 25/25 questions correctly and are given 6 seconds to answer each question.
Follow the link above to download ‘Archie’s Challenge Grid’. Children should complete as many of these as possible as part of the Archbishop of York’s Young Leaders programme
- Registration is at 8.50. The classroom door opens at 8.45.
- Outdoor PE is on a Monday and indoor PE is on a Thursday. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and it stays in school for the half term. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket.
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do.
- Reading journals are also taken home every night. Please encourage your child to complete activities in their reading journals regularly – twice a week minimum. Journals need to be brought in to school every day, as we will use some time in the afternoons to complete activities too. Children need to complete all of the activities before going back and repeating.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday. Children receive alternate Maths and English homework every week.
- This term, we would really like to improve our timestables. This website is great for practising – http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button. We can also practice through ‘Timestables Rockstars’. Children should be practising their timestables on this programme regularly, and there will be a set expectation each week. All children have their own log in and password. Log in here: https://ttrockstars.com/login
- Spellings will be sent home before starting a new unit. These should be practised regularly at home. Click this link for a full list of spellings, as listed on the national curriculum, that children should be able to spell at the end of Year 4 – Year 4 Spelling List
If there is anything you need to talk about, please come to see me.