Welcome to Year 5!
Our class page will provide important news and information about our class as well as weekly updates to show what the children have been up to.
Just a few reminders:
- Reading books should go home every night and be signed at least three times a week. They should be in school every day, as should reading records. Children are allowed to sign their reading records themselves and log their own reading, so please encourage them to do so. However, it would be great if you could read with them too and sign their logs if you do!
- Swimming lessons take place every Thursday afternoon at Stretford Leisure Centre. Swimming kits need to be in school every Thursday; this includes a swimming costume (no bikinis) for girls, and swimming shorts/trunks for boys, as well as a towel. All children will be given a free swimming cap, and need to ensure they have this with them every week.
- PE kits should stay in school. They will be sent home at the end of every half term for washing. PE kits should include a white t-shirt, shorts and jogging bottoms, pumps, trainers and a jacket.
- Outdoor learning kits should stay in school. Outdoor learning kits should include an old t-shirt, pants and a jacket. Children should also have appropriate footwear, like some old trainers or wellies in the winter.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday.
- Times table tests take place every Friday. – http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button is great for practising!
Take a look at our class timetable:
Year 5 Timetable 2018